Rachel is a member of the Private Client Team and is based at our Bridport Office. She specialises in the following work:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and Mental Incapacity Court of Protection Deputyship Applications
- Public Law to include Care Home Fee Funding and long term care plan annuities
- Probate and Administration of Estates and Deeds of Variation
- Tax Planning
- Elderly Client Asset Management and Assistance from Home to Care
- Property Sales and Purchases - gifts and transfers of equity
Rachel’s work includes Wills, Estate Planning and Estate Administration, Intestacy, Succession and Deeds of Variation. She also deals with Lasting Powers of Attorney, Deputyship Applications, Public Law, and Court of Protection work. Rachel advises on elderly client asset management and care home fee planning. She regularly liaises with Local Authorities with regard to Care Home Fees. Rachel has experience of Trusts to include Discretionary, Life Interest and Charitable Trusts. She acts for parents who are keen to protect their assets for vulnerable child beneficiaries who may be suffering with mental health issues. Rachel has successfully won NHS Continued Care Funding claims against CCG resulting in a refund of paid care home fees and all on going care costs covered by the NHS. She regularly appeals these types of cases.
Rachel is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives. CILEx and has been a private client fee earner since 2006 and joined Kitson & Trotman in January 2016.
She is Somerset CILEx Branch Communications Officer and regularly organises and attend events. Rachel’s supervisor is Tracy Scammell, Head of Private Client. Rachel is pleased to give talks and presentations to local groups.
She lives in South Somerset with her husband.